School Registration for 2020-2021
Registration during summer vacation:
Families who need to register their child(ren) for school are welcome to do so over summer break. If you register over the summer, you will be contacted after staff return to school on August 24, 2020. See more information on this page about registering new students using our online form.
Dr. Lila Fahlman School serves the attendance area of Allard and Callaghan neighbourhoods only.
Our school is implementing a lottery process for new students enrolling at our school for the 2020-21 school year. This only impacts new students wishing to attend the school and does not impact students currently at our school.
Each grade will have a cap for the number of classes for all grade levels. If the number of new students who want to enrol exceeds available spaces, a lottery process will be used.
LOTTERY PROCESS ONCE PRE-ENROLMENT CLOSES
After pre-enrolment closes on April 15, families will:
- receive a call from the school about the lottery results by April 23,
- be able to attend their overflow designated school, another school with space, or remain at their current school. Siblings may also enrol at the overflow school, and
- request to be placed on a callback list if spaces open before September 30, 2020. Students must be enrolled at a Division school for the 2020-21 school year to stay on the callback list.
REGISTERING AT AN OVERFLOW DESIGNATED SCHOOL OR SCHOOL OF CHOICE
Our school will help families register at their overflow designated school, Donald R Getty School. If families are choosing to go to another Division school, they will need to call or email their preferred school to see if there is space.
Siblings will also be able to attend the overflow designated school, but if families choose to go to another school with space, siblings are not guaranteed to attend.
REGISTRATION AFTER APRIL 15
- Students who move into the attendance area between April and June will be asked to remain with their current school for the remainder of the 2019–20 school year because schools are closed.
- New students to the Division who register for the 2020–21 school year after pre-enrolment closes on April 15 can be added to the bottom of the callback list of classes which are currently full. They can attend our overflow designated school, another school with space, or remain at their current school. We are currently full in K, Grades 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, and 9. Any registrations for grades that are now full, will be added to the bottom of our callback lists in case we have students move before the start of the school year. We are still accepting new registrations for grades 2, 5, and 8.
- Schools with a lottery will not accept registrations for the 2020-21 school year from new families moving into the attendance area if the student is not considered a resident* of Edmonton Public Schools
- * A resident student of Edmonton Public Schools has at least one parent living in Edmonton who is not declared Roman Catholic on the student registration form. All other students are considered non-resident students.
TRANSPORTATION TO OVERFLOW DESIGNATED SCHOOLS
- Yellow bus service to the overflow designated school will be available for eligible students. Bus fees will apply.
- Edmonton Transit Service (ETS) is the preferred transportation method for junior high students; however, if ETS does not meet Division standards, eligible students attending their designated school may be able to apply for yellow bus service. Bus fees will apply.
More information about the lottery process is available on the Edmonton Public Schools website.If you have any other questions, please contact our school office at 587-489-4710
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION
Because schools remain closed to students and visitors due to COVID-19, new student registrations will now be submitted online. If your child is new to the Division, you must complete our school’s online registration form, fill out and upload the Student Registration form and submit supporting documents before your child(ren) can be registered for the upcoming school year.
Our school will no longer accept printed registrations. Do not drop off student registration forms at the school.
Please note that at Dr. Lila Fahlman School, we have implemented a registration lottery process for the upcoming school year to alleviate the overcrowding in our classrooms. Please see www.epsb.ca/lotteryprocess for more information on our new procedures. Please note,the lottery system has now ended as of 4:00 p.m. on April 15, 2020.
The intake lottery will take place the week of April 20 and those applicants not successful will be directed to our overflow school, Donald R. Getty School for K to 9. Submitting a registration package after the deadline of April 15, 2020 may limit your options to schools with available space. Learn more about registration dates and deadlines.
STEP 1: FILL OUT THE ONLINE FORM
You will need to use an existing Gmail account or set up a free Gmail account to fill out the online form. This helps us protect the privacy of your personal information.
STEP 2: UPLOAD A COMPLETED STUDENT REGISTRATION FORM AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION
UPLOAD COPIES OF THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:
- a completed, signed Student Registration form (fill out the form electronically, print a copy and scan the completed copy, or print and take clear photos of each completed page.)
- confirmation of address for the student's parent/guardian (see below)
- legal proof of the student’s name, citizenship and birthdate (see below)
All documents must be uploaded in order to submit the form. Please ensure that you are providing clearphotos and the entire page is visible for each document submitted.
EXAMPLES OF ACCEPTED DOCUMENTATION:
|Legal proof of student’s name
Confirmation of address - Dr. Lila Fahlman School requires up to 3 documents to verify address
- Canadian provincial birth certificate
- Canadian citizenship document
- Student visa
- Driver's license
- Utility bill
- Home insurance
- Property tax bill
- Purchase agreement
|In some cases, immigration documents (e.g. landed immigrant documentation or a Permanent Residence Card) may also be required. Visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada for more information.
||Please note, we do not accept cell phone bills, bank statements.
OTHER WAYS TO REGISTER
Families who are unable to register online can mail their completed Student Registration form and copies of their supporting documents to the follow